So Mr. B looked down at my bare feet last night and made the following remark:
"Looks like your right foot is saying 'Live long, and prosper.' "
Yep -- same guy who calls me his bride, refers to me as Cadillac when he thinks I'm spending too much money, and to whom I've been married 29 years.
Never a dull moment here.
I have serious flat feet issues. When I buy shoes (which is worse than buying a bathing suit) and I'm asked what size I wear, my response is "square."
You get the picture.
And I bring this up for two reasons: 1) a blogger I follow posted a picture of some amazing sandals I wish I could wear and 2) my feet are not awesome and it's the only way I could work up the nerve to back my way into accepting a sweet award from Joycee at Granny Mountain.
So . . .
1. I wish I'd never worn high heels
For a breath of fresh air, I highly recommend visiting ~ennui~ . The photography is so soft and lovely, her posts brisk and tender, and her flare for finding amazing handcrafted treasures quite impressive.
Today with a milestone 100 post, she showed a pair sandals that make me wish I could stand around having a coquettish conversation with Russell Crowe as the Gladiator (one of my all-time favorite movies).
Sandals by zuzsi
But, alas, I will have to wear goofy black go-go boots ala the original Star Trek -- or my Keens.
2. Queen of ALLL Things
The immensely creative blogger, Joycee of Granny Mountain , tagged me with the Queen of ALLL Things - Awe-SUMMM!!! Award. Thank you, my dear! Apologies for taking so long to respond. I've no idea why this has been so hard to sort out (but maybe it's because I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about 'cleaning up my side of the street' stuff.)
But what woman in her right mind wouldn't want to be Queen of ALLL Things, especially if she could arrange a royal visit with a gladiator who's accompanied by a great soundtrack!?
So, as part of receiving this award, I am to post 7 awesome things about myself, then pass along the award to 7 awesome bloggers.
1. People tell me my laughter is infectious. (Is that a nice way of saying loud?)
2. I'm devolving, I think into a dog. (And I think dogs are awesome)
3. I am loved. (By Mr. B, Earth Doctor son, Precious GrrlChild daughter, RockStar son, Aunt Stella, family, and friends)
4. I am learning to let go of attachment to things (except for cool sandals and my Keens) and outcomes.
5. I have a job.
6. I really really like my job.
7. I have B+ blood type. Besides the fact that it sounds upbeat, it's also a cool connection to a beloved grandmother, my mother, and my daughter.
So, as Queen of All Things (at least for today), I hear by pass this award to the following awesome bloggers:
1. ~ennui~ (poignant, lovely, ethereal)
2. Freckled Writer (a sweet poet with a one-two punch)
3. Watermelon Tourmaline (who would really appreciate some bachelorette party ideas!)
4. Gaston Studio (who tells the tales of "Indiana Jane")
5. Boomer Baby Bliss (another wonderful story teller)
6. Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes (her podcast feature is like sitting in a poetry jam!)
7. I Need A Martini Mom (oh, to have her sense of humor without the classroom of kiddies)
And I'd love to bestow this upon several male bloggers I follow, but I suspect they'd rather be Kings (or court jesters!)
And now, I shall receive the Gladiator . . . guards!