Saturday's soundtrack

My soundtrack today has been the song Nature Boy. Not sure why, except I love the last lines.

So I watched a Nat King Cole clip on YouTube and it struck as way too eerie, though the man had one seriously gorgeous voice. Then I played the version from Moulin Rouge, and it sounded off key, and I don't have the slightest sense of pitch.

But I finally I landed on this performance, which captured exactly the mood that was humming around in my head today. Good lord, how is it I've never heard Lizz Wright before? What a talent. She's accompanied by a gentleman on the bongos, and watching them perform together felt like seeing a candle flame burst into a bonfire.

We're talking H-O-T.

I've just got to get out more.

Hope you enjoy!


Image by consumerfriendly

Comments

Hope said…
Great rendition. Also liked "Nature Boy" by Celine Dion-Live in Las Vegas. Nice lyrics. Speaking of love, "Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:12

Popular Posts