It may be Halloween . . .




. . . but it is also the birthday of one hauntingly Romantic poet,
and so in his honor, this excerpt from . . .




A Thing of Beauty (from Endymion)


John Keats
(1795-1821)


    . . . Nor do we merely feel these essences
For one short hour; no, even as the trees
That whisper round a temple become soon
Dear as the temple's self, so does the moon,
Her passion poesy, glories infinite,
Haunt us til they become a cheering light
That, whether there be shine, or gloom o'ercast,
They always must be with us, or we die.


-----------------------


Happy Halloween!


Comments

Boozy Tooth said…
Gorgeous! I love love love it.
♥ Braja said…
I'm loving how Alix is loving this site as much as I am :) Damn, she has her some fine taste :)
lj said…
i love this poem!Love keats! thanks for sharing,I am new to blogging, your blog is right up my street!I love words of wisom, musings and poetry:) I am following your blog:)))
Beth said…
Gorgeous photo and poem!
Sandi McBride said…
How lovely...the tree and the poem...thank you
Sandi
Unknown said…
Hi Kathleen,

Very good spooky pic and words to go with it. Happy Halloween to you too!
Joanna said…
What a stunning tree with the hazy moon behind.
John Keats is one of my absolute favorites and I always include him as a guest on my list of Who would you invite to dinner if you could invite anyone?
Gail said…
Absolutly hauntingly perfect photo and a favorite poet of mine.

Popular Posts