Let's see. Where were we? Oh yes, Part 2 of I abandoned by husband for a dog.
I nearly forgot. A fair amount has transpired since I reported Part 1, and, truth be told, I have been loopy on pain meds until 2 days ago.
Here's the condensed version:
- Ginsberg regains his exuberance less than 2 days after abdominal surgery, and I realize it is pointless trying to force pain meds down the throat of an 8-month-old Alaskan Husky who will eat ANYTHING but pain meds
- Mr. B discovers he has 20/15 vision, post-cataract surgery
- Ginsberg skins his nose trying to open the cabinet under the sink to reach the trash, after I have jury-rigged the handles closed with a rubber band and flat cheese grater (oops)
- Kathleen watched her second knee surgery in real time -- supercool!
- Ginsberg leads Cora and Charlotte on another Great Escape
- Charlotte breaks a leg whilst participating in the Great Escape
- Kathleen's chances of acquiring a truck for mushing adventures dwindle along with her meager savings
- Charlotte replaces Kathleen as the "loopster"
- Kathleen considers renaming her abode to "A Musherwannabe's Accidental MicroKennel" and seeking sponsorships for my pups and their vet bills
But perhaps, the events of the past 11 days are best told with video and photos. You be the judge!
Ginsberg, Loopster #1, doing his ever-loving best
to stay awake after returning home
from abdominal surgery
See the fringe on the pillow that has Ginsberg's rapt attention?
It's not there anymore.
It took a trip down Ginsberg's gullet and got
hung up on its way into his small intestine.
It now resides in a zip-lock bag--outside.
Ginsberg's "grated" nose
The new-fangled crate security system,
before we added 8 more carabiners
Ginsberg, Mr. B, and Charlotte chillin'
after Ginsberg and Mr. B have surgery on the same day
Kathleen chatting it up with topflight knee surgeon . . .
Thank goodness she wasn't worried or anything . . .
Loopster #2 on her way home from knee surgery.
She could finally wiggle her toes about an hour after surgery,
when the spinal finally wore off
The Great Escape
Mr. B accidentally leaves the front door open
and Ginsberg seizes the opportunity
to lead the pack on a big adventure.
Escapees blast off down the street,
then, amazingly return home at full speed
with Ginsberg in lead, Cora a half block behind,
and Charlotte bringing up the rear, heading straight for the front door
and limping for the next 3 days
[Image courtesty of GuildingEmber]
The vet X-rays Charlotte's leg today and discovers a
spiral fracture on her left distal ulna bone, which
he suspects, is the result of stepping into a
pothole during the Great Escape.
He adorns her with a hot pink cast
that we must keep dry for 6 weeks.
(It's already wet.)
But you gotta hand it to her, she was very
close to Cora, who is twice her size and
did not come home with a broken leg.
This girl has heart!
Loopster #2, who happily takes her pain meds
This is Wally.
I don't think he'll be coming home
with me anytime soon.
But I have been wondering
a lot about quantum physics lately
Were you wondering about the photo at the top?
That would be EarthDoctorSon
(who may one day be renamed MushroomGeekSon, PhD)
holding one of an assortment of fungi
that he'd like Mr. B and me to sample.
And couple more: