I swear, God has a sense of humor



Mr Obama, you are not the only one today with a big birthday today. I have to wonder if you got a gift as cool as the one Natalie got today. I rather doubt it.

On  our way to lunch, I asked Natalie (a seriously amazing writer, a cheerleader for my own efforts to craft fiction, a yoga instructor, a speaker of several languages, an avid reader, and a public health researcher) if she'd had any "signs" today about turning 30.

She casually looked at the sky ahead of us and said, "Yes. The world."

Have a look at the picture I shot with my iPhone (after I pulled to the side of the road).

Now, how do you beat that for a birthday present?

(Go on now, see if you can find Italy, Australia, Alaska, and the Aleutian Islands!)

Comments

Linda said…
I'm sure our loving God has a sense of humor. I see Italy. When did our presidents get to be younger than us!!! Looking forward to your fiction.
Hilary said…
Ahh that's pretty cool. Happy birthday to Natalie. :)
Janie said…
Natalie keeps her eyes open and invites opportunity. Very nice.
Suldog said…
It does sort of look like a compressed map of the world, doesn't it? Excellent!
Bossy Betty said…
I wanted to thank you for recommending the TED video on creativity. I know I will enjoy it!

Popular Posts